Discussion of the Best News in the World, the Gospel of Jesus, and related topics
Tag Archives: Family
07/20/2015Posted by on
Saudi Arabia and Russia brought a resolution to the UN Human Rights Council promoting family as the core unit of any stable society. I am not proud of America in this regard. Our rep and many European representatives on the Council opposed this resolution–why? Russia and Saudi Arabia are greater promoters of family than the United States?
I like what World Magazine said about this resolution and the outcomes.
The United Nations Human Rights Council passed a resolution in support of the traditional family in early July. The vote—29 in support and 14 against, with four abstentions—split the council along clear lines, with a group of mostly poorer developing nations across Asia, Africa, and South America defeating the United States, all the European nations, and a few other developed countries who opposed the resolution.
The resolution, co-sponsored by Saudi Arabia and Russia, reaffirms the family as the natural and fundamental unit of society and urges member states to take action to support and strengthen families. It notes that the “contribution of the family in society and in the achievement of development goals continues to be largely overlooked and underemphasized.” The resolution encourages countries to set pro-family policies that support family functions such as caring for the elderly and balancing work and parental responsibilities. China, India, Kenya, Algeria, and Vietnam also voted for the resolution.
Supporters heralded the document as a “monumental development for the pro-family movement,” said Rebecca Oas of the Center for Family and Human Rights (C-FAM).
06/15/2012Posted by on
Jason Hildebrand on the father of the prodigal son
According to Nouwen (The Return of the Prodigal Son), this parable of Jesus is less about the sons and all about the character of the father–his infinite compassion, unconditional love, everlasting forgiveness–all divine realities, emanating from a Father who is the creator of the universe. Yes, the father of the two sons does represent our Father in Heaven.
04/27/2012Posted by on
… then he gained something he never dreamed could be.
Kevin Thompson has a very powerful testimony. Watch this video which was produced by the Billy Graham Evangelistic Association of Kevin’s life and what he went through before becoming a Christian.
08/09/2011Posted by on
Husbands wake up!! I used to be this way towards my wife. I needed to change and God had his way of getting my attention. Watch how he get Brian’s attention and how he turned around.
05/08/2011Posted by on
This young man’s dad died in the den with all his 13 children and wife. All other family members survived. He tells his story very bravely and honors his dad and God very well. I could not hold up as well as this young man, Jordan Lee, does. God bless him, his neighbors, the Crawfords and Boyds, who also lost their homes.
Help the Lee family or other families here.
- Alabama Tornado (goodnewsnow.wordpress.com)
- Boeing’s Huntsville plant re-opens seven days after multiple tornadoes (bizjournals.com)
- Video: Devastation in Tuscaloosa From Massive Tornado (shoppingblog.com)
- Tuscaloosa mayor: Eyes back on tornado catastrophe (via This Just In) (thespiritportal.wordpress.com)
- NASA satellite sees tornado tracks in Tuscaloosa, Alabama (w/ video) (physorg.com)
- Very cool: SEC pledges 500k to victims of Alabama tornadoes (collegefootballtalk.nbcsports.com)
- Watch: Massive Damage in Tuscaloosa, Alabama After Tornadoes Hit the South (newsfeed.time.com)
- Scenes from a tornado disaster zone: ‘It just gets worse and worse’ (via This Just In) (thespiritportal.wordpress.com)
- Tribute to Alabama Tornado Victims (goodnewsnow.wordpress.com)
- Help Is On The Way, Alabama! Swifty Giving Back To Tornado Relief! (perezhilton.com)
- Tornadoes and the Trustworthiness of God – Justin Taylor (craigsturm.wordpress.com)
- Alabama Staffer Tapes Tornado (aseaofblue.com)
- Volunteers flood tornado-tossed Tuscaloosa, Ala. (seattletimes.nwsource.com)
- For families of tornadoes’ missing, a long torment (seattletimes.nwsource.com)
- Universities offer help for Tuscaloosa (seattletimes.nwsource.com)