Discussion of the Best News in the World, the Gospel of Jesus, and related topics
Category Archives: Archaeology
08/26/2014Posted by on
Not so fast. Ph.D. mathematician and professor Dr. William Dembski loves science and seeing what scientific discovery points to: the necessity of a Master designer. Watch him explain how. Dembski is the author of Evidence for God: 50 Arguments for Faith from the Bible, History, Philosophy, and Science.
02/24/2012Posted by on
Archaeology is solidifying the reliability the canon of New Testament Letters and Gospels
with every finding.
Craig Bloomberg has studied and written extensively on the reliability of the New Testament manuscripts. See the list of 59 facts about the Gospel of John which are shown to be historically probably by author Craig Bloomberg.
- Buy it on Amazon
- Gospel of John (earthpages.wordpress.com)
- First-Century Gospel Fragment? (str.typepad.com)
- Earliest manuscript of the New Testament discovered? (winteryknight.wordpress.com)
- Daniel Wallace and Bart Ehrman debate New Testament origins and reliability (winteryknight.wordpress.com)
- Reliability of Biblical Documents
- Reliability of Biblical Documents II
08/02/2011Posted by on
Italian professor Francesco D’Andria said archeologists found the tomb of the biblical figure — one of the 12 original disciples of Jesus — while working on the ruins of a newly-unearthed church, Turkish news agency Anadolu reported Wednesday.
‘We have been looking for Saint Philip’s tomb for years,’ d’Andria told the agency. ‘We finally found it in the ruins of a church which we excavated a month ago.’
Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/scitech/2011/07/27/tomb-st-philip-apostle-discovered-in-turkey/#ixzz1TLtcFgBK
- They’ve Found It! The Tomb of Philip the Apostle… (zwingliusredivivus.wordpress.com)
- How did St James get to Spain? The Full Tradition (cantuar.blogspot.com)
- Turkey Developing Christian Archaeological Sites (frstephensmuts.wordpress.com)
- Church Remains Discovered in Ancient Turkish City (frstephensmuts.wordpress.com)
- Saint of the Day for June 29th is St. Peter (witchesofthecraft.wordpress.com)
05/28/2011Posted by on
Camping, 89, said of the rapture in a May 11 interview with New York magazine, “The Bible has every word in the original language … it was written by God. Incidentally, no churches believe that at all, they don’t hold the Bible in the high respect that it ought to be.” Read more of this post
02/07/2009Posted by on
And, this weekend, we get another possible source for comparison. Some
An undated handout photo released to Reuters February 6, 2009 shows an ancient manuscript which authorities in northern Cyprus believe is an ancient version of the Bible written in Syriac, a dialect of the native language of Jesus. The manuscript was found in a police raid on suspected antiquity smugglers. Turkish Cypriot police testified in a court hearing they believe the manuscript could be about 2,000 years old. Read more of this post