Binge Drinking


Says Hanna Lottritz: “Binge drinking nearly killed me: Underage student who was left in a coma from alcohol poisoning pens powerful essay warning others about the dangers of heavy partying”

  • Hanna Lottritz, who turned 21 recently, from Reno, Nevada, wrote about her alcohol poisoning in a post shared on her blog 
  • The then-20-year-old was at a music festival and started chugging whiskey before she passed out 
  • Hanna was air-lifted to the hospital where it was revealed her blood alcohol concentration was five times over the legal limit

Note Hanna’s conclusion regarding her situation and others in a similar situation:

This situation could have been so much worse. Fortunately for me, I had good people around when all of this took place. I could have easily been taken advantage of when I passed out. I could’ve been left alone to “sleep it off.” I can’t tell you how many times I’ve heard the phrase, “Let them sleep it off, they’ll be fine in the morning,” but I’m alive today because my friends got me help. Don’t take a chance if you see a friend passed out from drinking too much. Get them help as soon as possible. I’m very lucky to have made a full recovery, but I know there are others who won’t be as lucky. So please drink responsibly and make sure your friends do too. Watch out for friends, family, even strangers, and take care of them when you suspect they might be suffering from alcohol poisoning. Know the symptoms.







Would you like to add your thoughts?

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s