Discussion of the Best News in the World, the Gospel of Jesus, and related topics
Secularism vs. Christianity in the West
01/28/2016Posted by on
The refusal by a nation to be instructed (by) and led by God brings one estrangement from Him, “and that estrangement is an estrangement from life that must be corrected at once” if disaster is to be avoided. As long as secularists usurp ultimate rule of America, “there is impotence, unrighteousness and dependence upon the forces which would destroy us. It is only when we come to the end of ourselves and acknowledge God’s right to rule our lives that we can experience the divine empowerment for righteousness.”
The above quote is a concluding paragraph from an article which takes it’s initiative from an NPR article.
In the NPR article speaking of the trend towards secularization in America Dr Russell Moore says, “In some virulent forms of secularism, you have a moral code that is being imposed [that] often comes with the force of penalty of law,” he says. “It acts as a religion in terms of demanding conformity and seeking out heretics.”
Religion in general and Christianity or Christ followers more specifically are being slowly boxed in by laws put on books to bind our freedoms.
How so you may say.
Chrisma News points to:
- 55 million babies murdered in their mother’s womb
- Same-sex marriage imposed by judicial tyranny
- The Constitution shredded by secularist elites – Red ink as far as the eye can see – The exaltation and normalization of Homosexuality
- The Pledge of Allegiance forbidden
- The moral collapse of the Boy Scouts of America
- Christmas carols banned
- The Ten Commandments stripped from public schools and federal buildings
- America is drenched with porn, to name a few triumphs of secularism.