From Cal Thomas:
Chick-fil-A president Dan Cathy is in hot water with the LGBT community
because he committed the cardinal sin in an age of political correctness: Thou must not speak ill of anything gays, lesbians, bisexuals or transgenders wish to do.
In an interview with the Baptist Press and later on a Christian radio program, Cathy, whose father, the philanthropist Truett Cathy, founded the company, defended marriage between a man and a woman and when asked about the company’s support of traditional marriage said, “Guilty as charged. We are very much supportive of the family — the biblical definition of the family unit.” Cathy believes American society is rotting (and where is evidence to the contrary?) because the country has turned away from God.
That was it. Cathy did not say he would deny someone with a different view than his the right to eat in or work at any of his fast-food restaurants, which would violate the law. He did not say anything hateful about them. He simply expressed a deeply held conviction rooted in his Christian faith.
There was a time in the United States of America where promoting a positive message was a positive thing. Any message supporting marriage as we have always know it in world history was a positive message. The culture terrorist of the US media and anti- (you name it) movements make something that has always been a positive influence and force into everything but positive, wholesome, and even holy as it was meant to be. Marriage, as originally designed is holy. I am curious if you have heard the phrase holy matrimony. Twenty years ago it was very common. Now ask people on the street what it means and you will get many blank stares. Marriage as originally designed is a holy thing. I get to experience just a small piece of that every day–I am not perfect and neither is my wife. But we experience the joy and the bliss that comes with attempting to make the relationship we have right before God.
So Mr. Chicago mayor, you may align with Mr. Nation of Islam Farrakhan on some issues but you need to know that he actually attacks Pres. Obama for promoting same-sex cohab as well. Why Mr. Farrakhan and not Mr. Cathy of Chick-Fil-A? How do Chicago’s values align with Mr. Farrakhan and not with Mr.Cathy’s if on the issue of marriage, these men have the same values? Sounds like you have not done good research?
Boston Mayor Menino do you feel it American to deny the right to sell goods and services? It appears you would deny the citizens of Boston the right to purchase their chicken biscuits from Chick-Fil-A. Why? Doesn’t that go against the Bill of Rights? Isn’t that unconsititutional?
Cal Thomas has the last word:
The real “war” in this country is not only against the supposed civil right of nontraditional marriage. It is a war against conservative Christians and a denial of the same rights the LGBT community claims for itself. Free speech is an American value. We shouldn’t settle for anything less.
- Tim Thomas Supports Chick-Fil-A Owner Dan Cathy’s Stance On Same-Sex Marriage (boston.cbslocal.com)
- TODD STARNES: Chicago Chick-fil-A owner under fire for gay marriage stand tells Rahm, ‘eat more chicken’ – Supporters rally as cities ban Chick-fil-A- Hollywood unleashes vulgar rants about Chick-fil-A (radio.foxnews.com)
- Chick-fil-A avoids Gay Youth Confrontation
- Chick-fil-A and the Ironic Allegation of Bigotry (wellspentjourney.wordpress.com)
- Liberal Madness: Mayor of Chicago Welcomes “Fruit of Islam”, Rebuffs Chick-fil-A (nicedeb.wordpress.com)
- Tim Thomas Posts Statement on His Facebook Page, Declaring ‘I Stand With Chick-fil-A’ (nesn.com)
- Local Chick-Fil-A Owner Invites Mayor Emanuel To Visit (chicago.cbslocal.com)
- Is Freedom of Speech a One-Way Street? (runningrandy.wordpress.com)
- Billy Graham Supports Chick-fil-A (radio.foxnews.com)
- Cal Thomas on Chick-fil-A story
- Playing chicken: Same-sex Muppets vs. Chick-fil-A (wnd.com)