May 3rd was that call for the USA. That was the United States of America’s National Day of
Prayer. We prayed and God heard us.
I met with a group of about 12 men and we prayed–yes, for the nation but there were other things: confession of sin and for a contrite heart before our God, grateful attitude, the body of Christ, our churches, our families, leaders of all varieties: federal, state, local, our business, military, and police, our enemies, and finally revival in America (beginning with me).
It was a grand time and as I said, I do believe God heard us and will answer.
There is a classic verse that is often quotes but I do believe that old covenant principles apply in the new covenant. “If my people who are called by My name, will humble themselves and pray and seek My face AND turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven and WILL forgive their sin and WILL heal their land.” II Chronicles 7:14
- To Walk Humbly with God (gobeyondblog.com)
- National Day of Prayer (jlue.wordpress.com)
- National Day of Prayer (wtok.com)
- May 3rd – National Day of Prayer (budgetcouponcooking.wordpress.com)
- Responding to Assaults on Our Freedoms, Americans are Turning to God, and Turning Out in Record Numbers to Pray (thesalvationtimes.wordpress.com)
- The National Day of Prayer is Today (thereformedwesleyan.com)
- The Role that Prayer Plays in Spiritual Growth (lifereference.wordpress.com)
- Luther – Prayer Concerning True Devotion (Gebets-Schatz) (deprofundisclamaviadtedomine.wordpress.com)
- How to Pray – Today is National Prayer Day (rodiagnusdei.wordpress.com)
- Boldness in Prayer (substanceovershadows.com)
- My Take: Dear God: How to pray on National Day of Prayer? (religion.blogs.cnn.com)