Italian professor Francesco D’Andria said archeologists found the tomb of the biblical figure — one of the 12 original disciples of Jesus — while working on the ruins of a newly-unearthed church, Turkish news agency Anadolu reported Wednesday.
‘We have been looking for Saint Philip’s tomb for years,’ d’Andria told the agency. ‘We finally found it in the ruins of a church which we excavated a month ago.’
Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/scitech/2011/07/27/tomb-st-philip-apostle-discovered-in-turkey/#ixzz1TLtcFgBK
- They’ve Found It! The Tomb of Philip the Apostle… (zwingliusredivivus.wordpress.com)
- How did St James get to Spain? The Full Tradition (cantuar.blogspot.com)
- Turkey Developing Christian Archaeological Sites (frstephensmuts.wordpress.com)
- Church Remains Discovered in Ancient Turkish City (frstephensmuts.wordpress.com)
- Saint of the Day for June 29th is St. Peter (witchesofthecraft.wordpress.com)