This video is not part of the Ehrman project but I thought that Bezel (bezel333 on youtube) sums up on some critical aspects of what Dr. Ehrman teaches.
The problem of evil has been made a “problem” by many people. Here Dr. Carson talk about the problem of evil as people understand it and then see what insights there are in the Bible to may give you some answers.
Yes, we have grand themes in the 66 books that make the Bible. The message is woven through the entire Bible and we Christians love the Hebrew scriptures–the scriptures of Judaism. Hear Dr. D. A. Carson on this topic, how he sees the central message of the Bible coming though.
- Exegesis: How to Interpret the Bible (joequatrone.wordpress.com)
- If you don’t read the Bible daily, you are missing out (4simpsons.wordpress.com)
Most people do not know how to define regarding the Bible books–Inerrancy. Most Christians do not know how to define it. The issue of inerrancy is the principle or characteristic that has lead to many of the wrong conclusions by many about the delivery of the Bible through its manuscripts to the modern age. Please listen and learn what it is that we mean when Christians talk about the inerrancy of the Bible.
A quiet but great Christian leader just died. Though I never heard him speak, I have read at least one of his books. London is shifting quickly right now as John Stott is prepared to lay in rest. He has given up this life for a much better one. He will rest in peace because Jesus is his King.
God bless the soul of John Stott.
Here are some quotes about his life.
The world famous evangelist, the Rev. Billy Graham, described him as “the most respected clergyman in the world today.”
John Stott has attended his local church, All Souls, Langham Place in London’s West End (www.allsouls.org), since he was a small boy. Indeed one of his earliest life memories is of sitting in the gallery and dropping paper pellets onto the fashionable hats of the ladies below! Many years later, and following his ordination in 1945, John Stott became assistant curate at All Souls and then, unusually, went straight on to become rector in 1950. He became rector emeritus in 1975, a position which he continues to hold, and he still preaches there several times each quarter.
- John Stott: Evangelism and Birds
- John Stott Has Died (mollystories.wordpress.com)
- John Stott tribute (wordsofgrace.wordpress.com)
- John R. W. Stott (1921-2011) (expositorythoughts.wordpress.com)
- The Death of John Stott (apologus.wordpress.com)
- John Stott, rest in peace (1921-2011) (westernthm.wordpress.com)
- More on Stott (godsmustardseed.com)
- The Living Church – John Stott (faithandinches.wordpress.com)
- Not Driscoll’s Jesus, nor Jim West’s, but the Bible’s (gentlewisdom.org.uk)
- John Stott RIP (christianbookshopsblog.org.uk)
- John Stott’s departing (presbyteriangrace.wordpress.com)
- John Stott, defender of the Atonement, dies (geneveith.com)
Wow, now Jesus is taking heat for all the censuses taken in the early 1st Century.
Are you sincerely searching for truth and meaning? Here is some motivation to head in a specific direction from Dr. Gravely.
Dr. Gravely evaluates the theory that there were conspiracies within the early followers of Jesus. Are those theories realistic?
- The resurection of Christ is the most probable explanation of the facts (nickflight.wordpress.com)
Here Dr. Darrell Bock on an good assessment of gnostic christianity and the what we find in the New Testament.
- Are Gnosticism and Heresy Still Threats to Christianity?. (greatriversofhope.wordpress.com)
- Review of Ehrman’s Forged (Presbymusings)
- Heresy Then and Now by Jason (1) (savoringscripture.wordpress.com)