Discussion of the Best News in the World, the Gospel of Jesus, and related topics
Rape: when will men wake up?
05/21/2011Posted by on
This has been a week about rape it seems!!
We have the DSK(Dominique Strauss-Kahn) story that has filled the headlines. If you don’t know about that story you can read here or here. Then, I just found this article where French women are reacting to misogyny in their media and french men attempting to put Strauss-Kahn’s alleged acts into the French context–read, explain away.
Next, I saw two stories of how young boys were lead into homosexuality through rape at ages too young for them to even be involved in anything sexual. It is graphic but you can see their stories here or here.
But, this one is the one that gets me–the massive assault on women that is occurring in the Congo. And, the very sad thing is that it has been occurring for approximately 10 years it would appear. Well, the story out this week is that the number of rapes and sexual assaults is actually much higher than previously reported.
Men, wake up!! Men, rise up!! Get a life! The sex drive is a strong drive but you are blinded if you let it drive you. God help us all in this area!!! The values of the pop culture in America are not helping shape norms which prevent these type atrocities either. We are all to blame in some way–I am. I am contemplating what I should do about this–personally and globally!!
- Dominique Strauss-Kahn In Court Right Now Seeking Bail (businessinsider.com)
- Dominique Strauss-Kahn: timeline (telegraph.co.uk)
- Here’s The Full Indictment Against Dominique Strauss-Kahn: 7 Counts Of Sexual Assault (businessinsider.com)
- Dominique Strauss-Kahn and a rush to judgment (theglobeandmail.com)
- Dominique Strauss-Kahn Faces Rape Charges As Another Woman Comes Forward (alternet.org)