I found this blog, Why we need the Storm, by a woman who had been through the recent storms in Alabama. But I did not connect her to the tragedy that struck them.
She is the wife of the man who is giving his story in this video, Mr. Crawford:
I am amazed by the people who can stand up and say what they say as Kelly does here:
If there were no storms, we would never rejoice over serenity.
If there were no rain, we would never fully appreciate blue skies.
If there were no darkness, we could not contrast it with light.
If there were no thunder, we wouldn’t enjoy the quiet.
If there were no turbulence, we wouldn’t need a mighty Stronghold, we wouldn’t know Peace in the midst, we wouldn’t cling to a Savior who holds all things in the palm of His hand.
I believe the picture you see in the blog if you click it is of their home or the remainder of it.
You can help the Crawford’s here: http://www.bradrick.org/helpalfamilies/
- Alabama’s Bravest Man (goodnewsnow.wordpress.com)
- Tuscaloosa, Alabama tornadoes: A state united by storms (aol.sportingnews.com)
- Alabama Storms and coauthor Roamy (xbradtc.wordpress.com)
- Updates on the Deadly Storms in the South (thelede.blogs.nytimes.com)
- Parts of Tuscaloosa ‘have been obliterated’ by massive storm (collegefootballtalk.nbcsports.com)
- Poverty at the eye of severe Alabama storm (thegrio.com)
- Shelter from the Storm (goodnewsnow.wordpress.com)